Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16th, 2011

Good evening everyone!

A lot has happened few days ago. It started on Saturday morning in the chapel, The staff decided to have a prayer time. We all split up into group of 2. Five people in the staff had different prayer requests. I was touched that morning, because the requests were all for each other. they asked small requests for themselves. I was with Allie, we went to all 5 rooms individually and prayed for each person. one woman was about 85 years old. I liked her a lot, she knew english sign language, and wasn't fancy but it was enough for me to understand her completely. But she signed like an old man telling a tale, that made me feel awed by her "wise-looking" signs. =)

few hours later after a hot, sunny day, Clouds formed and started pouring rain within minutes. After devotion time with Mary and Allison, I ran down the stairs and out in the yard, I took off my shirt and yelled. Jonathan joined me, we both were jumping all over the place. It was the best feeling of freedom all week, it rained so much, we could stand and open our mouths and the rain would fill it half-full in like 2 minutes. It was the best rainstorm I've ever remembered to be in. There was some thunderstorms that killed our power but it wasn't too long til it came back on and we all had brownies, and played "apples to apples" board game. The team just hung out with each other. I had a good, relaxing day.

So to summarize everything of yesterday and today, We went to a deaf church, which had a hearing pastor preaching in ASL. He did a great job, Jackson and I were talking about how hard it is to find a pastor who signs so clear for all the audience who were all deaf or hard of hearing. We went to lunch and celebrated Jackson's 19th birthday at a special restaurant. We shopped for a couple of hours in the city. We went to a hamburger and grill place close to our school. I cheered for the MIAMI HEAT! We had to leave at half-time. (I think I was the reason they were winning the whole first half.) =)
This morning Mary and Hannah shared songs, pretty soon the kids started the get involved and got up on the stage and signed with them! and shared their favorite songs. It was a cool thing to see. The team started to pair up with their kids for devotions. Saul (my kid) wasn't available at the time. Kevin, fifteen year old boy wanted to have some time. So I went over some both of our favorite verses and he has opened up about his dad, he left him when he was kid. he's been struggling with that ever since. I would truly appreciate it if you guys would pray for him to get over his struggle with his dad. He wants to grow up with a dad there for him.
Anyway we finished our devotion with a great encouragements. The team started to work on painting, cleaning the bathrooms, interpreting movies for the kids, making stories easier to read in their language. It was a long day of work in the sun. We all went to the beach about 4, I went snorkeling close-by, Jackson and Chelsea wore goggles and tagged along with me. We all found interesting plants growing on rocks and saw some fishes. nothing amazing yet. haha but we are all going to go again to a more popular location. Then it started RAINING while we were in the water! Awesome feeling, you don't get anything like that back in Cal. Water's too cold back there. =)
-Austin

PS. I love you DAD I miss you alot.
MOM, I love you, I think about you everyday.
BROOKE, there's a girl here who reminds me of your personality. she is one of the team's favorite kids. =)
BETHANY.. nope, nothing for you. =) Just kidding, I Love you! and every time i see horses, I think about you, riding that thing showing others how it's done. =)
SHAUN dude, Mizael (kid below) the third pic from chelsea pics, reminds me of you so many times! you know why? he's the smartest kid for his age in school. That's right. =) I miss you pal.
I can't wait to go back home to see you all! just a few more weeks of ministry. I'll be home before you know it. I love you all.

New posts are still coming up for you all to see! =) Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the report, Austin! Will definitely be praying for Saul, and for all of you! Please give Jonathan a BIG bear hug from his dad, and a more gentlemanly hug for the rest, hahaha! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete